Well... rain and thunder storms this morning ruined my zoo trip. It will have to happen next Sunday! Instead I slept in (and then took a two hour "nap") and then went to brunch. I went to Dante's Kitchen which is one of my favorite restaurants. I had the brioche french toast with blueberry syrup and whipped cream (it was only an appetizer, so it was small) and then I had two scrambled eggs and some grits with white cheddar cheese... AB-SO-LUTE-LY delicious!!
Then I took that really long nap I mentioned. I don't really sleep well (I'm lucky if I can sleep for 5 hours straight without waking up several times), so the nap was more of a lay in bed "lazy Sunday" deal.
Then I headed off to Borders to read outside. Borders took an old funeral home in the Garden District and gut renovated the interior, leaving the exterior intact and amazing looking! So there I went to read one of the two books I'm currently reading (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Beautiful and the Damned). However, in true Jennie fashion, I decided I wanted to read something else. So first I bought a magazine (they've become like crack to me) and then the first book in the series that True Blood is based on. If you like the show, I highly recommend reading the books! If you've never watched the show, I suggest watching!
For dinner I went to a place called Fresco! and had pizza with a white herb sauce, mozzarella cheese, artichokes and kalamata olives.... it was delicious.
Now time to finish that new book I bought (oh, did I mention it is a ridiculously easy read? Another reason to pick up a copy).
No comments:
Post a Comment