Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Did I Mention That I Don't Have a Pillow?

When I subleased this apartment, and inquired as to whether or not I needed to supply my own bedding (and the answer was yes), I knew I would need a pillow. Who wants to pack a pillow in their suitcase when they're packing for 7 weeks? NO ONE. So, for the past week I have been sleeping using my handy dandy travel pillow from Brookstone. Oh, you know what I'm talking about, the circular item that you use to sleep during flights. This may seem uncomfortable, however, I have gotten some of the best sleep in my life due to the neck support it provides (I should also point out that sometimes, after summer camp, I would sleep on my bedroom floor in a sleeping bag because it was comfortable). I suggest you give it a try. (Wal-Mart is several bus transfers away... maybe next week.
So, my roomie... he feels that 80 is an acceptable thermostat temperature (as opposed to my 73). Does anyone know what the correct temperature is to successfully grow pot? Because that's the only reason I can think of as for why one would choose this thermostat temp (that or the fact the may he weighs as much as Kelly Ripa and I could snap him like a twig and he has no body fat for warmth...).
Today was... HOT (I know, you're surprised). We put up siding today (which I actually really enjoy doing and know how to do quite well. If you ever need to put siding up....), which started out okay because we were in the shade... but then the stupid earth had to rotate on its axis around the sun and the shade was gone! The are about 7 of us who are working all of July, so it's nice to be able to show up to work on houses and have people you know there!
Then.... one of my most favorite people happened to be in town!! My brother-in-law!! So Donnie and I went out to dinner at Bayona... sooooooo delicious. I had asparagus wrapped in proscuitto with a lemon aioli and scallops in a Thai watermelon-cucumber salad... yummy! After that I brought Donnie to Cafe du Monde for some beignets and frozen Cafe au Lait (I may be addicted!). On the way home we saw this cool band playing on the corner of Bourbon and Canal (they play there almost every night) and stopped to listen for awhile (and I bought their CD). Good times.
Tomorrow I head to NYC for a few days to see Dave Matthews on Friday. This also means I will be going to Meatball Shop for dinner. For those of you who have never been.... I will write more about it tomorrow!!!!
Good night, I'm off to sleep on my travel pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment