So, I think when I last left off I had mentioned a pizza party with some other long term Habitat volunteers. Last night, Leslie, made homemade pizza dough... a LOT of homemade pizza dough. So we each got 1-2 pizzas to "decorate". I HATE tomato sauce....ewww (I think I've referred to this before), so my pizza: ricotta, feta, garlic, artichokes, black olives, olive oil... yummy! Our pizzas got more adventurous as the evening went on. Eventually we ended up playing a game with a New Orleans guide book that basically resulted in people having to visit sites... my site is two hours outside of New Orleans at a haunted plantation....
Today was some more house building in the sweltering heat. I was using a top saw (and still have all my fingers!!). We had to cut some boards for the front porch stairs.... this took awhile for a variety of reasons (not sawing the boards, but getting the chance to put them in). Then I did some stuff inside of the sauna... I mean house. There was an "incident" that resulted in the "death" of 18 nails and Hannah and I used our super human strength to completely bend nails into s-shapes and we hammered them in (the wood had been outside for awhile and wasn't great).
After work, some of us went to Hanson's for some DELICIOUS snowballs.... I'm not sure how to describe it, other than if a Slurpee and a snow cone had a baby.
This evening I went to a cheese tasting at Saint James Cheese Co. I may have developed a slight crush on the guy who works there and he was helping to lead the cheese/wine tasting this evening. And this is when I realize what a small world it is!! The ONE person I knew before I moved down here walks in the door for the cheese tasting (she was the Americorp volunteer I worked with in February and March when I did Habitat)!
After the cheese event, I went to, where else, CREOLE CREAMERY, where I got a sugar cone of "I Scream Fudge." I decided to walk home 1.81 miles after that in order to burn off all the bad parts of the deliciousness I had!!
Pictures of the house and my pizza to follow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment