Saturday, July 17, 2010

I just (awkwardly) stood next to Ryan Renoylds

The original focus of this was going to be cucumber sorbet (and I will talk about that)... but then Ryan Reynolds walked in the door (if you don't know who he is a) are you amish? b) if you're amish, how are you on a computer reading my blog?!). Anyway, as my 8 loyal followers know, the Green Lantern is filming down the block from where I am living. Tonight, after an awesome dinner I went to see Inception (which was freaking AMAZING! ) at a small theater called the Prytania. It's about 10-15 minutes before the movie starts, so everyone is just hanging outside in the lobby. In walks Ryan Reynolds.... he grabs some water and then just comes and stands RIGHT NEXT TO ME. A few of his friends show up (none nearly as gorgeous), including his trainer, who looks like he could be a Jersey Shore cast member. The way they were all standing made it look like I was with them... so if anyone got a picture of him tonight, I had to be in in! Unfortunately my inner ear equilibrium was working fine and so I didn't accidentally stumble into him.
Anyway, Inception was awesome, I highly recommend seeing it.
So back to the end of my NYC visit... Dave Matthews was great, and Citifield is beautiful (the new Yankee Stadium on the other hand is a concrete nightmare), however, going to be at 1:30 and waking up at 5 am to catch a 6:50 flight was not fun. Luckily I upgraded for more legroom, which actually resulted in my having a whole row to myself. The perfect length for me to nap on!!
I slept some more when I got back to New Orelans and then headed out for an early dinner. I went to Saint James Cheese Co. where I had a wonderful ham and brie sandwich. Next, I went to Creole Creamery where they have some unique ice cream flavors. I LOVE anything with cucumber in it, so I went for the cucumber sorbet (cucumber is technically a melon). IT WAS FABULOUS!! Sooo good!
Well off to bed now, have to get up early to go to the zoo tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. ahahahahahahahahaha.... the amish bit was pretty damn funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its unfair you get ryan reynold and julie gets taylor launter both in your cities filming, while i'm stuck with the salahi's and the rest of those dc housewives :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie... PLEASE find a way to get on the Real Housewives of DC!! It would be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete