It's been a few days... but I had things to do (like go to the zoo).
On Friday some other Habitat people and I went to The Joint. It's a tiny little place located next to some railroad tracks. IT WAS DELICIOUS! I had two ribs, some pulled pork and some of the best mac n' cheese I have ever had (and I do love me some mac n' cheese).
Back at the house, I work on putting together the back porch stairs, I managed to nip myself with the drill... but no serious damage was done:)
That night I went to Jaques-imos restaurant (a pretty popular restaurant in the Carrollton neighborhood of New Orleans). I had Grilled Grouper with Imperial Crabmeat on the top, with a side of pork cooked rice and beans and sweet potatoes, and everything was absolutely delicious!
Saturday I decided beignets and frozen cafe au lait equaled lunch... I was right. Then I wandered around the French Quarter, stopping to watch some cool street performers.
That evening I met up with some people and the show we wanted to see was sold out, so we ended up wandering around on Bourbon Street. What parent decides "I'm going to New Orleans for family vacation and bringing the kids to Bourbon Street after dark."? Ridiculous. After an hour of that nonsense, we head to Rock n' Bowl... a big warehouse with a bowling alley and stage/dance floor. Great music and bowling.. nice.
Sunday was spent at the Audubon Zoo, which was pretty cool. They have a great layout and the whole thing is pretty educational.
That night I headed to a tapas restaurant because I was craving chorizo. The chorizo was homemade and it was HORRIBLE! Luckily the shrimp croquettas and gazpacho made up for it!
That's it for now! My friend Mindy gets into town tonight and we're hopefully going on a swamp tour tomorrow morning!!
Street performer pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=468023&id=848215455&l=e0fe2b96d5
French Quarter Pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=468033&id=848215455&l=a7d79a14c9
oh yes we are. I DON'T CARE ABOUT RAIN!!! =P
ReplyDeleteyummy mac n cheese!!!
ReplyDelete