Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Guess who now has a pillow? This girl!

So yesterday involved a trip to Wal-mart for a pillow. By this time I had become attached to my airplane pillow, and it was challenging to make the change.
Before that I joined Tulane's gym so I could do some training for a 1/2 marathon I'm attempting to "run" in December.
After Wal-mart, I went back to St. James Cheese Co for a delicious sandwich that I can't recall the name of.... then back to Creole Creamery for some Creole Creamcheese ice cream... it tasted delicious at first, but a whole scoop was waaaaay too much. Then I went to Borders to do some reading (I had finished the first in the series of books True Blood is based on) and grab some more books. I grabbed a book on world religions, so now I've got down the "Eat" and "Pray" piece of the book "Eat, Pray, Love". I think I have the "love" piece down too... if a love of ice cream and food counts!!
Today it was off to build some house!! Today was by far the hottest day (about 106 w/ the humidity), but there was a breeze, so you didn't realize why you were sweating so much. I spent the first half of the day 16 feet in the air on a ladder (on the sunny side of the house:( ) nailing in soffit (you may wikipedia the word to figure out what it is), then did some other stuff... but it was really hot. *sometime in the next few days I promise to explain how Habitat works*
After working I came home, took an ice cold shower (the daily routine now) and then headed to dinner (Crab filled ravioli!!) and back to Borders to do some more reading.
Tomorrow evening some of the other people volunteering with Habitat (and myself) are getting together to make pizzas.
Now it's time to do some more reading and then rest my head on my nice new pillow!!
PS- Thanks to my readers, I put my stats counter on the page to help boost my self esteem;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a blast down there! I hope you have invested heavily in sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... neutrogena 70+... I also have the most amazing tank top tan ever!!

    ReplyDelete