First: My sister baked werewolf cupcakes for her neighbor down the street, who is currently Taylor Lautner!
I did not burn today...however, I am the color I usually end up being at the END of the summer. I woke up at 5:15 this morning (Cafe Au Lait kept me up until past midnight) and then worked in 109 degree heat for 7 hours... sure sign of a good time.
I also drank 5 liters of water and have now decided that I've turned into a camel and am clearly storing it to use at a later time.
I started off in the trusses of the house putting up the boards for the roof. This did allow for a nice breeze... while you could feel yourself baking.
I did a whole bunch of other stuff too... but I'm too tired to recall what I did. COOLEST part of the day (and the reason to do something like this): I was painting window trim with a couple of women. One of them was from New Orleans so I asked her if she was a volunteer or a homeowner. She said she was a soon to be homeowner (she's moving in this weekend), and I asked her where in the city her house was and she said Ferry Place.. turns out I actually helped to build HER HOUSE the last two times I was down here!! It was so cool to meet her, and I'm actually e-mailing her copies of the pictures I took of her house being put up!
Anyway, got home from Habitat (and the grocery store, where a jar of garlic hit me in the forehead), took a cold shower... that did not help, so I went for a run along the streetcar line (dad, running against the streetcar traffic so I could get out of the way if one was coming. After I played chicken with it of course! ;) ).
That's it for today... sleep is much needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment