Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Green Lantern is being filmed 4 blocks from my apartment!

I have nothing else to say about that movie, I just wanted to see if the headline would get me more followers:) Although I may go Ryan Reynolds hunting...
Today I went to the French Quarter to watch ESPANA! There was a German family sitting at the table behind me... they were not pleased with my behavior. The Spanish once owned New Orleans (most of the architecture in the French Quarter is Spanish with some Islamic influence), so thus I can cheer for Spain.
Then I went at ate some beignets (did I spell that correctly?). I also made the typical Jennie mistake: when on vacation, try coffee drinks... In Ireland last summer and Irish Coffee resulted in mu jumping on the bed in my hotel room. The iced Cafe Au Lait today was delicious... but now I'm sure I will not get to bed at a reasonable hour, which is a bummer, because I'm waking up at 5:15 to build houses...
After I got off the St. Charles streetcar and headed home, I walked past Jamila, the restaurant I went to last night. I was on the other side of the street when none other than Moncef came running out of the restaurant to say hello and see how I was doing!
So, I'm training to run a half marathon in Vegas in December and all the gyms here are ridiculously expensive... looks like I will have to attempt to run outside in the late afternoon (don't worry safety dad, I will not run in desolate areas!). Since New Orleans is below sea level, it may be a bit kinder on my asthma despite the humidity... we'll see. I also start ballet classes again on Monday (had to quit 2 years ago due to 3 months of physical therapy 3x's a week to fix my aging knees!)... so hopefully all the food I write about won't go to my hips, or middle, or thighs:)
Last thing... heard two teachers talking on the streetcar today. One was from Texas, one from northern Louisiana. They were talking about disciplining kids. The guy from Louisiana was talking about how he was angry that some people were trying to get rid of corporal punishment in Louisiana schools... WHAT THE *%&@$ ? There's still corporal punishment?! That seems ridiculous. The guy and woman also wanted to suspend more kids... I almost jumped in saying "I teach high school in New York City. I teach a lot of kids with ADHD... corporal punishment, not needed. Might want to look into good teaching or smaller class size before you start blaming the kids." I, however, refrained.

No comments:

Post a Comment