Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good Music is Good.

So... last night Mindy and I headed to a bar called "Bullets" to see the well-known Kermit Ruffins play the trumpet. He was amazing!! He called locals from the audience to come up and sing. He called up this one older (like if your grandfather got on stage and started singing) man James "The Sleeping Giant" Winfield, who was an amazing performer and I'll post a video later. The evening was great, huge crowd in this tiny local bar, people barbecuing out in the street, everyone dancing!
Today I took Mindy to her first day of Habitat! We spent the day building interior and exterior walls (which can really frustrating when you have knots in the wood, and they're right where you need to nail! We're working on two new houses, whose cement/cinder block base is currently being worked on. This is the one phase of home building (flooring, putting up the walls) that I have yet to be a part of, so I'm really excited for that.
After work I took Mindy for her first snowball!! I've decided it really does taste like snow with whatever flavor you want. I had strawberry and lemonade and it was delicious!!
Okay, time to head out for what are apparently the best hamburgers....

No comments:

Post a Comment