Okay, this blog is a sequel to my adventures in Europe two summers ago. There was a STRONG demand ("strong" may mean many things to many people, to me it means 3-5 people I know, one of which is my mother)for me to blog about this years trip to New Orleans.
Now, the reason my 3-5 loyal fans read my blog was because of the food I wrote about. But first, the background. I AM A PICKY EATER. I do NOT like tomato sauce on anything, I had my first tomato at 26, and cooked vegetables are disgusting... these are only the beginning of my weird food habits. However, going to Europe for the first time in my life to live with a random family I'd never met, resulted in my weird food habits growing... but not in the way one might think:
1) Once again... HATE tomato sauce (for examples of how much I hate it, ask the mother of my childhood friend Becky, she has some tales to tell). Yet in Spain I got addicted to gazpacho and can eat 4 servings at one meal.
2) Cow's tongue is yummy, and then you can never eat it again because you realized you just ate cows tongue.
3) Blood sausage, also yummy.
4) Baby eels sauteed in olive oil and garlic are one of the MOST delicious things on the face of the earth.
As a result of the above experiences, I decided to always try really weird food.. enter New Orleans, where I ate some alligator, frogs legs and turtle soup.
So now let another adventure begin... I'll be living in New Orleans for 6 weeks building houses, eating weird food and partaking in various shenanigans and blogging about it all. If you are even remotely interested, please feel free to follow along and hopefully everyone will learn to take themselves a little less seriously and enjoy the best that life has to offer!
yay! can't wait, can't wait!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny.....must get that from your mother. Just remember that I was thin until my first trip to New Orleans...gained 5 pounds in one weekend and have been gaining ever since.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time.