Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Honestly, do you need all ten fingers?

Last night, GOOD chorizo, gazpacho (I looooove gazpacho) and seafood paella at Lola's, and it was delicious (although lacking a tiny bit in flavor).
Then.... I decided (after the sun had gone down) to drive over the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway... the longest bridge over water in the world (about 24 miles). 4 miles into it, I was so over it... but had 20 more miles to drive and then had to make the return trip!!
Then I picked up Mindy from the airport!!!
This morning we went on a swamp tour through Cajun Encounters! We saw some alligators, feed them marshmallows and hot dogs. We even got to pet the tale of an eight foot alligator (pics of it's crazy jaw will be posted soon)! Our tour guide was Nolan and he grew up on the bayou and had some great stories to tell.
After that Mindy went to Willie Mae's Scotch House for the BEST fried chicken ever. It was sooo good!!
Tonight we're going to a bar to see Kermit Ruffins play (anyone who watched HBO's Treme has had the chance to see/hear this guy play).
On a side note... a tow boat hit a well of the gulf coast and there is another minor oil leak in Louisiana... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment