Okay... I've had a lot to eat over the past month +. I have a lot of great food. Tonight was by far the most amazing food I have had while here.
However, the house first. Today we worked on filling holes with painter's putty (ugh). Then Kara and I helped Alex work on the front and side steps. Kara and I also put up the F-channel and soffit next to the side door. With the humidity the temperature was over 110 degrees. It made for a really fun day. And when I saw fun... I mean not fun. I mean like you were drunk and the room was 110 degrees and spinning. But oh well!
Okay... dinner.
Kara, Alex and I went to Bacchanal Wine on Poland Street (for those of you who know the area- a block down from The Joint). The place is a wine and cheese store/deli/dinner place/live music venue. For those of you who watch Treme, it has been featured on there. Anyway... 6 nights a week they serve dinner (menu changes weekly). One of the nights (Sunday) is a guest chef. Yesterday when we went there for lunch, the guy told us we had to come back for dinner when the house chef Joaquin cooks... so we did. They also have live music 6 nights a week while you dine. WOW. Let me tell you what we had to eat: Avocado with crab meat, rainbow trout with potatoes and grilled skirt steak tostada. The band was fun, the weather was cool, lightning storm was AMAZING. But then came dessert.... I love dessert. Grilled peach with goat yogurt panna cotta, thyme and molasses. I'm not even sure how to describe how delicious it was.
If you ever come to New Orleans, the FIRST place you should go is Bacchanal Wine. Buy a bottle of wine, sit in the outdoor garden (which is huge), listen to some live music and have whatever Joaquin is serving!!
After that we stopped near the river to watch the thunder storm (video will be posted later). Then we stopped by Wal-mart to buy Pete (our site supervisor) a "gift" since tomorrow is our last day with him. Tomorrow it's cheese tasting!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment