Sunday, August 22, 2010

In Search of Cheese

Okay... I got addicted to cheese while down in New Orleans. I guess I should clarify that statement. I got addicted to really expensive, really good, hard to find cheese while down in New Orleans. My primary mission today was to hunt for some of this fine fine cheese.
Luckily, I have located some of it. However, none of it is in one location... thus resulting in many field trips tomorrow.
I have also looked into cheese classes in NYC. Now, in New Orleans at St. James Cheese Co. (who I am now e-mailing about their cheese), 6 cheeses and wine/beer pairing, in a non-pretentious, fun, knowledgeable environment was $20. Here, I have found cheese classes (and being NYC they promise to be pretentious) for $75... WHAT?? Do I get wheels of cheese with this and bottles of wine? I am now contemplating opening my own cheese shop catering to fun people who like cheese. I will have tons of cheeses, and it will just be awesome... Now, does anyone know of someone willing to back my endeavor (I know you're probably shocked to discover that teachers do not make enough money to finance a business).
Let the NYC food blog begin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment