Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh, so that's why people have eyebrows.

Today.was.ridiculously.hot. We worked on the inside of the house (although most of the summer Habitat people have left;( ) on the closets and shelves. It was a sauna in there and this is how I discovered the need for eyebrows (okay, I'm not stupid, I already knew why we had them, I just never experienced the need). I was sweating so much that drips on sweat would have made it into my eyes and potentially blinded me if not for my brows. Dear eyebrows, I'm sorry for ever complaining about you, for insulting you and saying you look like Sam Waterson's (Law & Order) eyebrows when I wake up.
Today we went to Bachannal for lunch. Cool little place (we're going for dinner tomorrow) with a backyard. Had an AMAZING pancetta and swiss sandwich... so yummy.
As far as the roommate goes, his parents showed up today to inspect the damage. Mom had those crazy eyes like Cruela DeVille in 101 Dalmations, so I'm pretty sure she was high on prescription meds. The dad seemed relatively sane (despite his having yelled at one of my roommates last night). This is also where years of teaching and working with parents came in, I was able to evaluate the situation quickly (and my teacher friends can now giggle at what I figured out) based on their interaction with me and each other: Mom- most likely stay at home, however the kid may also have been raised by a nanny while she stayed at home, thinks the child can do no wrong and likes to misinterpret things you say to her and pretend she's defending her son; Dad- doctor (he was wearing scrubs), knows his son is a screw-up, tired of defending him, but rather do that then deal with crazy ranting wife (and thus would rather take care of things without her input).... awesome scenario. They spent an hour cleaning his room, mom kept saying ridiculous things to me, while dad kept telling her to stop talking. The room is pretty clean (minus the toilet). Good times! I'm off to get some ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment